8.01.2010

It's time.

So...for a while now people have been telling me all kinds of crazy stuff in light of my new raw life style.

"write a book!" "you should teach classes.." etc.

Um. Okay...first. I do not claim to know diddly squat about the raw food lifestyle. However, I have enjoyed quite a few benefits from switching to a mostly raw vegan diet (which I'll get into later)

So...I hope to share with you, my journey, my struggles, my non-perfectionist approach to raw food.

And to answer the question most of you are curious about:

How the heck do I "do" raw?

For those of you that don't know what "raw food lifestyle" is...let me divulge you.

For the most part I eat just plain, raw foods. Wait, scratch that...plain was the wrong choice of words. Most of the raw food I eat is irresistibly delicious...and yeah okay some of it has been just plain gross...but its all about the raw learning curve.

Back to the subject. Raw food. For me that means basically vegetables, fruit, raw nuts & seeds, some oils and spices etc. Natural as you can get. Straight out of the ground, preferably. And you can forget fast food. Forget dairy and breads. All that stuff (sorry to say) is pretty not-so-great for your body. And I usually don't eat meat...and we'll get into that later...I promise.

Anyway...more later. I just want to let everyone know...I'm up and running. :)

P.S. Anyone have any tips on making this drab blog a little more beautiful?

Rawfully,
Amber

1 comment:

  1. cutestblogontheblock.com is good for making the blog nice! :)

    ReplyDelete