8.01.2010

Today's Eats.

Okay. Today was a fantabulous day for raw in our house.

Breakfast: Green Smoothie (well call 'em shakes around here). Today we had our easy-peasy shake with just spinach, water, and bananas. Sometimes breakfast just needs to be simple.

Here's the thing with the shakes, too....people always ask me "how" to make them. Honestly....just try it out. Sometimes they come out nasty. But most of the time you just throw some greens (spinach, kale etc) and add some type of fruit and BAM, *voila* its magic. Bananas always go a long way...and I always add about 2 cups of water for a 32 oz shake and about 4 cups for a 64 oz shake. Today it was 2 large handfuls of spinach and 3 bananas with 2 cups of water. I love bananas. MMmmMMm.

On to lunch: I had an amazing "untuna sandwich" which consisted of this concoction I made up in the Vitamix. I got the original idea from a cookbook (we'll talk about those later, too) but it just came alive in my kitchen. I added some almonds, and some sunflower seeds (raw ,of course) with some amazingly delicious spicy/sweet relish I bought at the local farmers market. Zip that up in the blender and O my goodness...deliciousness. I sandwiched that between to romaine leaves and added tomato slices. I seriously ate about 8 of these.

I had a snack or two throughout the day with some peaches and grapes, but for dinner I seriously just cut up two avocados, sprinkled them with sea salt and chili pepper and went to town. Best dinner. Yum. And don't even think about adding up the calories, remember I said to stop worrying about those pesky things?


Oh, and I'm still contemplating what to have for dessert. I'm going to sit down and watch a movie and relax, I'm sure some raw chocolate will be calling my name very soon.

Oh, and just a random thing I wanted to share...did you know I have eaten about 36 bananas since Monday? Wowzers. 


Rawfully,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment